- A replicator database that stores replications which are automatically restarted when the server restarts
- Native SSL support—you can now connect to CouchDB securely without maintaining a separate proxy server that handles SSL
- HTTP range requests—this allows for resumable downloads and skippable audio and video streams
- HTTP proxying—allows external content to be served from your CouchDB URL
- More granular ETags on view responses—this increases the probability of a
304 Not Modifiedresponse when doing conditional requests
See the CouchDB Release 1.1 Feature Guide for the complete list and more detail.