Apache CouchDB is a free/open source RESTful JSON document (NoSQL) database with map reduce views and peer-based replication. Version 1.0 was just released today and is 300% faster than the previous version and includes Microsoft Windows support, an authentication system, and flexible replicator options. The New York Times, ReadWriteEnterprise and InfoWorld covered the release. Couchio has a clever release announcement as well. I’ve been reading up on CouchDB since Matthew Weier O’Phinney‘s presentation on Document Databases at the last Burlington, VT PHP Users Group meeting and I may have some projects where CouchDB will be a good fit.
- Northeast PHP Conference 2014 | PHP Information on Northeast PHP Conference 2014
- Chris on Why Gigabit Matters
- Lukas Smith on Entity Relationships in a Document Database at ZendCon 2012
- Domain-Driven Design at ZendCon 2012 – Bradley Holt | Helseo on Domain-Driven Design at ZendCon 2012
- Bradley Holt on Entity Relationships in a Document Database